Announcement: My First Article With Winsidr and What’s Next for My Blog
I have some exciting news that I’ve been looking forward to sharing: my first article with Winsidr is officially out!
For me, this is a really exciting step in my journey as a once aspiring sports writer in the world of sports media. When I first started this blog, one of my biggest goals was simply to give myself a place to write about the sports and players I care about while continuing to improve as a writer. I never expected that it would eventually lead to opportunities like this so quickly, and getting the chance to have my work published with Winsidr is something I’m really proud of.
My First Winsidr Article
My debut article for Winsidr covers the incredible season that the Chicago Sky's undrafted rookie, Sydney Taylor has had. It covers her entire journey to the W from her five collegiate seasons to her overseas play to having a breakout rookie season. I personally have really enjoyed watching her growth and progression this season and can't wait to see what's next for her as she continues to improve. I highly advise that you check out not only my article covering Taylor, but also tune in to the Chicago Sky as they close out the final stretch of the season soon.
You can read my full article about Sydney Taylor here: https://winsidr.com/2026/08/
Getting this opportunity is especially meaningful to me because Winsidr is one of the few publications that truly cover the elite play in the WNBA, rather than covering and highlighting negative aspects of that league that most of the media only tends to cover. Being able to contribute to that coverage is something I’m incredibly grateful for, and I’m excited to see where it can lead.
My Blog Isn't Going Anywhere
While this is a new opportunity for me, it definitely does not mean the end of this blog. If anything, I’m hoping it gives me even more motivation to keep writing. This blog was where I really started to find my voice as a sports writer. It has given me a place to experiment with different ideas, write about topics I’m passionate about and, most importantly, actually put my thoughts into words. I still have plenty of ideas that I want to explore here, and I hope to continue publishing as much as I can. There may be some changes to what I write about or how often I’m able to publish as I take on more opportunities elsewhere, but I still want this to be a place that I can put out my ideas and reactions to various things on my timing. Whether that means WNBA analysis, player profiles, opinions, reflections on the games or something completely different, I want to keep using this blog to grow as a writer and perhaps open even more opportunites for my future.
What's Next?
I’m also really excited about the possibility of continuing to write for Winsidr whenever I have the opportunity. Getting that first article out feels like a pretty big milestone for me, but I hope it’s just the beginning of being able to share my work with more people. At the same time, I’m looking forward to continuing to build this blog and seeing what else I can do with it. I want to keep experimenting, trying new ideas and, most importantly, keep writing about the sports I love.
For frequent reactions, stats, and updates on my writing for Winsidr, you can follow my Instagram or Twitter @lilypboyd on both. They are also linked on the sidebar at my homepage as well as in the Linktree linked there too.
Thank you!

Comments
Post a Comment